Mid-North Association records
Scope and Contents
The Mid-North Association records contain newsletters, pamphlets, brochures, flyers, by-laws, meeting minutes, photographs, correspondence, reports, articles, budget and income statements, summaries, planning documents, news clippings, newspaper articles, amendments to zoning ordinances, final agreements, surveys, blueprints parking and traffic studies, case studies, maps, proposals, constitutions, proposals, memorabilia, floor plans, drawings, maps, fact sheets, and permits.
- Majority of material found within 1960s-1990s
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Biographical / Historical
Lincoln Park’s Mid-North Association includes homeowners, renters, and businesses in the triangular 12-block Landmark District bordered by Lincoln Park West, Fullerton Parkway, Lincoln Avenue, and Ogden Avenue. Concerned neighbors organized the volunteer association in 1950 to protect the historic residential character of the community and provide safety in the neighborhood, excellent schools, city services, and well-kept parks.
6.5 Linear Feet (19 boxes)
Language of Materials
The records of the Mid-North Association include the following series: 1. Publications; 2. Administration; 3. History and General Information on Mid-North; 4. Committees Files; 5. Events; 6. Financial Files; 7. Hospitals; 8. Parking and Traffic Issues; 9. Schools; 10. Urban Renewal; 11. Photographs. These records are organized alphabetically and chronologically.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Mid-North Association, Accession 1997.3; 2002.38. Material was separated from the Lincoln Park Conservation Association, Accession 1985.9; 1987.19; 1995.43 and the Lincoln Park Advisory Council, Accession 1995.22; 1996.16
- Citizens' associations--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Lincoln Park (Chicago, Ill.)--History--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Neighborhood government--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Neighborhood planning--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Neighborhoods--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Guide to Mid-North Association records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English