Collection on Lincoln Park Steering Committee
Scope and Contents
The Lincoln Park Steering Committee records consist of correspondence, meeting minutes, membership lists, by-laws, financial documents, reports, and other administrative records generated by the LPSC as a whole or one of its many task forces. This collection also includes publicity related to the work of LPSC and a copy of the group's Lincoln Park Management and Restoration Plan.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Biographical / Historical
The Lincoln Park Steering Committee (LPSC) sought to improve Lincoln Park in the 1980s and 1990s with assistance from the Chicago Park District, the Lincoln Park Advisory Council, Friends of the Parks, and other local organizations. LPSC was originally called the Lincoln Park Coordinating Committee (LPCC) and was sometimes referred to as the Long-range Planning Committee. The Committee focused on the aesthetics of the park, along with the enjoyment and safety of the people that utilize it. LPSC was divided into a number of task forces in order to create a master plan, later titled the Lincoln Park Management and Restoration Plan. The larger task forces focused on environmental issues, land use and structures, physical design, recreation and leisure time, and traffic and parking. The task forces held regular meetings and arranged studies and surveys of the park in order to determine which elements of the park would require the most improvement. LPSC compiled the Management and Restoration Plan based on the findings of each task force.
2.5 Linear Feet (8 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is organized into four series: 1. Administrative Files; 2. Lincoln Park Management and Restoration Planning; 3. Task Forces; 4. Lincoln Park Management and Restoration Plan. Each series is arranged alphabetically by topic, then chronologically.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Lincoln Park (Chicago, Ill.)--History--Sources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Park districts--History--Illinois--Chicago--Sources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Parks--History--Illinois--Chicago--Sources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Recreation areas--History--Illinois--Chicago--Sources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Guide to Collection on Lincoln Park Steering Committee
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English