Collection on DePaul University Administration Files, Pre-Fr. O'Malley
Scope and Contents
The collection contains letters, reports, correspondence, pamphlets, enrollment statistics and timelines, transcripts, enrollment materials, personnel lists, university rankings, brochures, tickets, audit reports, financial documents, military documentation including reports, certificates, bulletins, and recruitment materials, scholarship information, fraternity and sorority directories and programs, and various subject files all pertaining to the Office of the President within DePaul University.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is available for research use.
Biographical / Historical
The Presidential Files, Pre-Fr. O’Malley, span the years 1898 to 1944 and includes files and documents from the first six presidents of DePaul University: Rev. Peter Byrne, C.M.; Rev. Thomas Martin, C.M.; Rev. Francis McCabe, C.M.; Rev. Thomas Levan, C.M.; Rev. Francis Corcoran, C.M.; and Rev. Michael O’Connell, C.M.
0.75 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is organized into nine series: 1: Accreditation; 2: Administration; 3: Academic; 4: Financial; 5: Military Armed Forces; 6: Scholarships; 7: Student Affairs; 8: Subject Files; and 9: Associations. Most series are arranged alphabetically by topic, then chronologically. See series level descriptions for individual arrangement details.
L. Kreps March 2008; Revised by J. Casey 2017
- Catholic universities and colleges--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- College presidents--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Illinois--Chicago.--fast Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Management.--fast Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Guide to Collection on DePaul University Administration Files, Pre-Fr. O'Malley
- L. Kreps March 2008; Revised by J. Casey 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English