DePaul University Center for Access and Attainment records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes correspondence, marketing materials, meeting minutes and agendas, notes, proposals, and reports related to CAA operations and initiatives.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Biographical / Historical
The DePaul University Center for Access and Attainment plans and manages programs related to attracting and retaining traditionally underserved student groups, in support of the university's mission to expand educational access. Initiatives include outreach programs for pre-college and first year students, along with mentoring, research, and support for students of all ages.
The Center for Access and Attainment (CAA) is organized under Enrollment Management and Marketing (EMM). CAA programming was originally managed by an EMM unit known as Community Outreach in the late 1990s. Glenna Ousley served as Director of Community Outreach beginning in 1998, and expanded her position to direct Community Outreach and Enrollment Management by 2010. By the 2013-2014 school year, Community Outreach has been reorganized as the Center for Access and Attainment. Ousley continued to serve as CAA director until her retirement in June 2016.
2 Linear Feet (6 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is organized into two series: 1. Administrative; and 2. Programs and Initiatives. Individual series are organized alphabetically by program or topic and chronologically within.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
L. Geiger 2017
- College students--Recruiting--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Educational attainment--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Minority college students--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Guide to DePaul University Center for Access and Attainment records
- L. Geiger 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the DePaul Special Collections and Archives Repository
John T. Richardson Library
2350 N. Kenmore Ave.
Chicago Illinois 60614