DePaul University Center for Black Diaspora records
Scope and Contents
This collection contains annual reports charting the progress of the Center, informative bookmarks, event materials, publications, and information on the programs offered through the Center.
- DePaul University (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Biographical / Historical
The Center for Black Diaspora, founded as the Center for African American research in 1993 and renamed the Center for the Culture and History of the Black Diaspora in 1996, was established to promote and support the production of scholarly, cultural, and creative work related to the experience of the African diaspora.
1 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is organized in three series: 1. Administrative; 2. Events and Curriculum; 3. Publications. Series are arranged chronologically.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession 1999.47; 2010.28; 2012.59; 2013.16; 2014.082; 2014.064; 2016.037
L. Geiger 2016
- African diaspora--Study and teaching--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Africans--History--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Blacks--Race identity--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Guide to DePaul University Center for Black Diaspora records
- L. Geiger 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English