DePaul University Division of Enrollment Management and Marketing records
Scope and Contents
Enrollment Management and Marketing records contain departmental organizational files, branding and market position strategies, annual reports, student body data, correspondence and memoranda, regular publications, photographs, publicity materials, and video and audio recordings.
- Majority of material found within 1968-2015
- DePaul University (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Biographical / Historical
The mission of the Division of Enrollment Management and Marketing (EMM) is to improve and enhance DePaul University’s competitive position and prominence in order to increase DePaul’s ability to achieve strategic goals in a manner consistent with DePaul’s Catholic, urban, and Vincentian character. EMM is tasked with managing DePaul’s brand and introducing innovative enrollment management initiatives, including test-optional admission, targeted student retention strategies, and DePaul Central, a one-stop location for Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and Student Records and Registration (from 2016 EMM homepage at https://offices.depaul.edu/enrollment-management-marketing). Departments within EMM once existed as separate entities. Around 1980 the university began to organize them for planning purposes, and placed them under the authority of the Vice President, Dean of Faculties. Most of these offices were reorganized as the Division of Enrollment Management in 1984, and the managing position was changed to that of Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs, Enrollment Management. In 2007, the Division of Enrollment Management became the Division of Enrollment Management and Marketing
17 Linear Feet (32 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged into eight series: 1. Departmental; 2. Admissions and Enrollment Data; 3. Financial Aid; 4. Registrar; 5. Publications; 6. Publicity and Marketing; 7. Photographs; 8. Audiovisual Materials. See individual series arrangements for details.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession 1984.1; 1987.13; 1987.14; 1987.15; 1987.16; 1988.8; 1990.40; 2014.053; 2015.089; 2005.20; 2016.079; 2016.038; 2016.050; 2017.019; 2017.024; 2019.014.
JC 1991; CB 2002; KEL 2003; L. Geiger 2016; P. Chavez 2018; revised by P. Chavez 2018; P. Chavez 2019; revised by P. Chavez 2019
- College buildings--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- College students--Recruiting--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Universities and colleges--Entrance requirements--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Guide to DePaul University Division of Enrollment Management and Marketing records
- JC 1991; CB 2002; KEL 2003; L. Geiger 2016; P. Chavez 2018; revised by P. Chavez 2018; P. Chavez 2019; revised by P. Chavez 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English