DePaul University Office for Teaching, Learning and Assessment records
Scope and Contents
The Office for Teaching, Learning and Assessment records consist of annual assessment reports from many of DePaul's programs, departments, schools, and colleges. Some reports include three-year plans for future expansion. The collection also features TLA's own annual reports, meeting minutes, and other administrative materials.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for reseach use.
Biographical / Historical
The Office for Teaching, Learning and Assessment (TLA) supports teaching and learning at DePaul by providing services, resources, and events focused on best practices in teaching; disseminating research on learning in higher education; offering supplemental instruction in historically difficult courses; and supporting DePaul faculty and staff in assessing student learning. Resources for faculty members include teaching consultations, professional feedback, a lending library of professional literature, and an annual Teaching and Learning Conference. Each year, TLA collects assessment reports from programs, departments, schools, and colleges across the university. These assessments are used to determine whether students are meeting the learning outcomes established the previous year.
5.5 Linear Feet (6 boxes)
Language of Materials
Materials are currently organized into four series: 1. TLA Administrative Files; 2. Records of 2001-2008; 3. Records of 2008-2010; 4. Records of 2010-2012. With minimal exceptions, materials are arranged according to their order at the time of donation. See series level arrangement notes for additional details.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession 2009.15; 2011.14; 2014.076
HF 2010; JMC 2014, 2015
- College teachers--Training of--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- College teaching--Evaluation--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- College teaching--Methodology--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Educational evaluation--United States Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Guide to DePaul University Office for Teaching, Learning and Assessment records
- HF 2010; JMC 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English