Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce records
Scope and Contents
The Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce Records contain by-laws, newsletters, correspondence, membership lists, reports, press releases, publicity, photographs, and memorabilia created by or documenting the activities of the LPCC. This collection also contains materials related to neighborhood events, urban renewal efforts, and various LPCC committees.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Biographical / Historical
The goal of the Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce (LPCC) is to foster a successful business atmosphere in the Lincoln Park neighborhood that will lead to development in Lincoln Park. Founded in 1947, the LPCC has grown to become Chicago’s largest neighborhood chamber of commerce.
5.5 Linear Feet (7 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is organized into ten series: 1. Publications; 2. Administration; 3. Committee Files; 4. Events; 5. Publicity and Press Releases; 6. Parking and Traffic; 7. Urban Renewal; 8. Photographs; 9. Oversized Memorabilia; 10. Routine Mailings. Each series is arranged alphabetically by topic and then chronologically. See series-level notes for additional arrangement details.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession 1985.09; 1987.19; 1995.16; 1998.7; 2000.28; 2002.12
- Boards of trade--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Business enterprises--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Chicago (Ill.)--Commerce--Sources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Economic development--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Lincoln Park (Chicago, Ill.)--History--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Guide to Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English