Kurt Morris zine collection
Scope and Contents
The materials in the Kurt Morris zine collection focus on music and the fan culture that supports rock and punk bands. The magazines Morris collected are professionally produced and widely-distributed, while the zines in his collection are more personal and on average have a more limited distribution. Although most of the personal zines focus on music, many also contain social-political commentaries, stories, poetry, comics, and art.
- Majority of material found within 2000-2004
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Biographical / Historical
Kurt Morris of South Bend, Indiana donated his collection of zines to DePaul University in February 2006. In addition to collecting zines, Morris also contributes to them. An example of his contributions is a band review for a zine entitled $Broke$ (Box 2). The donor provided no further biographical information.
1.5 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged into two series: Magazines and Zines. The Znes series is separated into two subseries: Music and Personal.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Fan magazines--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Rock music in art--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Underground periodicals--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Underground press publications--Archival resources--United States Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Zines--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Guide to Kurt Morris zine collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English