DePaul University Department of Anthropology records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains excavation reports from Baxter's field school projects, as well as press coverage and Anthropology Department publications.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Biographical / Historical
The DePaul University Department of Anthropology offers courses related to the fields of cultural anthropology and archaeology. Professor Jane Eva Baxter, a DePaul faculty member since 2000, has directed archaeological field schools for students in Pullman, Illinois and Edgebrook, Illinois. With professor John Burton, she created and co-directed a Study Abroad program in San Salvador, the Bahamas, which also centered on an excavation project.
1 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
The collection is currently divided into two series: 1. Publications; 2. Excavations. See series level arrangement notes for further details.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession 2010.28; 2012.101; 2014.022; 2014.030
KG 2011; HRL 2013; JMC 2014
- Anthropology--Fieldwork--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Anthropology--Study and teaching (Higher)--History--Illinois--Chicago--Sources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Ethnoarchaeology--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Excavations (Archaeology)--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Guide to DePaul University Department of Anthropology records
- KG 2011; HRL 2013; JMC 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English