DePaul University Department of Sociology records
Scope and Contents
The Department of Sociology Records contains correspondence and memoranda, departmental and committee meeting minutes, event programs, publicity, and departmental publications. A sampling of reports and academic proposals offer examples of the work created by Sociology Department faculty members.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Biographical / Historical
Founded in 1922, the Sociology Department at DePaul University offers major and minor options as well as a master's program.
0.5 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
The collection is organized into two series: 1. Administrative and Academic Materials; 2. Publications. See series level notes for additional arrangement details.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Included are materials from the files of the Office of the Vice President, Dean of Faculties covering the tenure of both Dr. Patricia Ewers and her predecessor, Father Richardson. Accession 1987.11; 1992.22; 2010.28; 2014.023
LK and JC 1989; LHD 1993; KEL 2003; KG 2011; JMC 2014
- Sociology--Study and teaching (Higher)--History--Illinois--Chicago--Sources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Guide to DePaul University Department of Sociology records
- LK and JC 1989; LHD 1993; KEL 2003; KG 2011; JMC 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English