DePaul University Department of Records Management records
Scope and Contents
The DePaul University Department of Records Management records contain correspondence, drafts of reports and policies, signed Records Certification forms from various University departments, and annual reports. The collection also contains digital material, including meeting minutes, notes, planning documents, and a records management manual.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Biographical / Historical
Housed under the Office of the Secretary, the DePaul University Department of Records Management was established to meet the growing need for a systematic records management program at DePaul. The mission of the Department of Records Management is "to ensure that University departments retain the necessary information to meet legal, financial, administrative and historic needs and dispose of non-essential records in a timely and appropriate manner" (http://rm.depaul.edu, retrieved January 28, 2015). To this end, Records Management has developed an official Records Retention Schedule which all University departments are expected to follow. Depending on the type of record, materials that have outlived their administrative value may be stored permanently, shredded and discarded, or transferred to the University Archives. To further ensure that the University is in compliance with Records Management protocol, each University department has an appointed Records Coordinator. The Records Coordinator participates in records management training and is charged with implementing appropriate policies and procedures in his or her department.
0.25 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This collection is organized into two series: 1. Planning and Establishment; 2. Office of the Secretary.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession 2014.134; 2019.005.
JMC 2015; P. Chavez 2019
- Catholic universities and colleges--Records and correspondence--Management Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- College student records--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Records retention--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Guide to DePaul University Department of Records Management records
- JMC 2015; P. Chavez 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English