DePaul University Lincoln Park Study Group records
Scope and Contents
The DePaul University Lincoln Park Study Group records contain transcripts and cassette tapes of interviews conducted by DePaul faculty member Charles S. Suchar with residents of Lincoln Park. This collection also includes unpublished essays written by members of the Lincoln Park Study Group, as well as reports, correspondence, and other administrative materials documenting the work of the Lincoln Park Study Group.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Biographical / Historical
Formed in 1983, the Lincoln Park Study Group was composed of faculty members from DePaul University representing various fields of study. The goal of their research was to document the "most significant social and cultural factors that have helped sculpt the landscape" of the Lincoln Park neighborhood. Charles S. Suchar, who was at that time a professor in the Sociology department, conducted many interviews with Lincoln Park residents and also photographed residents in their homes and businesses. His documentary photographs were later exhibited as an addition to the study.
2 Linear Feet (5 boxes)
Language of Materials
DePaul University Lincoln Park Study Group records are organized in three series: 1. Background and Subject Files; 2. Essay Drafts; 3. Interviews. The Essay Drafts series contains unpublished chapters written by Lincoln Park Study Group. The Interviews series documents the interviews of many Lincoln Park residents conducted by Charles S. Suchar. This series includes audio recordings with corresponding transcripts. Some of these files also have photocopies of the photographs taken by Charles S. Suchar.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession 2000.45 and 2001.02
- Community development, Urban--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago--Case studies Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Gentrification--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago--Case studies Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Lincoln Park (Chicago, Ill.)--History--Archival resources Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Urban renewal--Archival resources--Illinois--Chicago--Case studies Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Guide to DePaul University Lincoln Park Study Group records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the DePaul Special Collections and Archives Repository
John T. Richardson Library
2350 N. Kenmore Ave.
Chicago Illinois 60614